Thursday, August 4, 2016

Barefoot Games Night

In my action plan for August I am determined to Blog every Thursday before midnight for the entire month. My post this week is about how in everyday there's an opportunity to do something you e never done before and be happy doing it. I went for an afternoon swim yesterday ( I do live on an island after all ) but forgot to pack flip flops before leaving for work. I thought to myself, no worries you won't need to get out the car anyways. What I failed to take into account was the sporadic nature of how plans change on said island. I ended up picking up my aunt after work to run a few errands. She decided to tag along to the beach and then to have dinner at a restaurant she desperately wants to try but also wanted to go to games night at another... Too much if you asked me. My mission was simple. Beach>>>>Home. I parted was with her on my way to the beach as she set out on a quest to do as much as possible in the hour that my swim would take. Not long after I got to the beach and walking the tranquil shores, my cell phone starts being bombarded by her friend asking me desperately to come join them for quiz night as they needed my intellectual brain power. Of course my slippers dilemma was relayed as my reason for not attending, to which I was told to come barefoot as no one would care. On that note I decided that life is too short sometimes to wear shoes sometimes. Unfortunately though I didn't lead the team to a barefoot victory but alas a fun night was had by all. So the next time someone tells you to come on out to have some food and drinks, do t let your shoes keep you back. 😎 Till next week. Stay Driven.

No comments:

Post a Comment