Friday, June 24, 2016

Conversations in Life

Had a good chat with a dude today on the street car. He's from the Dominican Republic but has been in Canada for most of his life. Though his mother is a millionaire he's still working 40hrs a week living in Toronto with a girlfriend he's not sure he loves anymore. His exact words were "I feel like she's sucking the life out of me". Having been on both sides of that situation, I could definitely identity. He went on to say that they're different in their ideologies. He explained that although she knows how to save she values money over people and is materialistically driven. They argue for months at a time and even when they're together it feels like they're apart. Taking a vacation together was suggested as a means to solve the issues but in my advice the problems would still be waiting when they got back. I told him about a friend of mine and how he spent five years with a girl and not marry her because he wasn't happy in the relationship. I also told him about my experiences in my past relationships and how I'm now learning what I need to learn. It's funny how life comes at you sometimes huh, especially when you least expect it. I've had my fare share of conversations on the 501 street car but this one by far was the best. We're both introverted and looking that opening to talk to more people. We both listen to Eric Thomas as a motivational speaker and trying to get to that next level of consciousness. All in all I couldn't help but think that Gods sense of humor is not funny at times but other days I'm humbled by how timely it is.

At the end of it I couldn't help but think that my struggle isn't only unique to me but there are others out there struggling as much as I am. However I need to bear in mind that my struggle does not define me. It's just one part of who I am. For I am a man made in the image of God, made to thrive not merely survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment