Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Week One - Diary of a Fat Kid

Life is a funny thing, end of quote. For some strange un-explainable reason there is a phenomenon that takes place every time you make a decision to refrain from a certain behavior. It is as if the world was waiting for you to say your quitting to open the flood gates and pour out more than you can handle. Such was the case last week after I decided to lay off cake and alcohol for a month in aid of defining my mid section. First off my aunt made home grown sugar cakes with peanuts. This was just my first day and already the odds were stacking up against me. Adding insult to injury was finding bread pudding in the fridge on day three. Then the flood gates really opened on the weekend with the father’s day celebrations. First it was my niece baking a cake for no other reason than she could. Then it was my brothers butter rum cake that he got as a Father’s day present. My will power was further tested with three cakes that happened to be in my aunt’s fridge as well as two others that were at my father’s house as well. After all it was Father’s Day so I should have expected such grand expressions of love and sweetness. Avoiding the booze was easier than expected although I consumed one soda too many but alas the struggle continues.

Week two started off with a night a leg routine in the gym that left me with sea legs and an abs circuit that left me afraid to laugh and unable to stretch too far. With three more weeks to go I can see some sort of shape taking place and will continue to push the envelope.

Live Healthy, Live Long.

No comments:

Post a Comment