Thursday, June 30, 2011

Week Two- Momentum

Week three started off last Monday with me in the gym feeling like my internal combustible engine could not burn out no matter how hard I tried but alas I pressed on. Tuesday bum rushed me with two cakes and wines to celebrate my aunts birthday but I dodged the bullet with a few glasses of water and a staring contest with two cakes that both contained rum. How does a cake be made from rum and butter and still taste good? I wonder if I can make a butter rum drink to complement the cake? Wednesday sideswiped me with mental and physical fatigue but I drop kicked Thursday by starting the day in the gym breaking a sweat and watching the sunrise.
With 15 more days to go for my challenge I feel like I am doing my body a favor from being over indulgent in the past where my sweet tooth is concerned. I might have encountered a technicality of the weekend with some banana bread but if you ask me its bread and not cake after all the name says it all.

For those of you out there hoping to get in shape for the summer, I say good luck and Godspeed. Start small and build momentum and you’ll be on your way before you know it.

P.S. for those of you who have tried the ab wheel and fell on your face/stomach don't feel bad, i too have suffered the same fate on a few occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment