Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Extinction

In speaking to a friend today the topic of Lions came up. So I pondered the process of going from a cub to a Lion and lions in general. I tried to find some sort of amazing fact about lions to link to something motivational but instead I settled on extinction. Nothing profound, but rather simple. Animals go into extinction all the time. As a matter of fact one probably went into extinction since the year started. But I’ll mention the extinction not of animals but of people.

Where have all our stalwarts gone, our inventors, innovators, leaders, pioneers? Yes we all have heroes but what’s keeping us from being heroes and the like. Is it that we are making ourselves extinct by being normal and blending in. or is it that we are all superb so none of us stand out? I doubt the latter is true. It may be that we are on the road to being heroes and heroines alike and I assume time will tell. I may be jumping the gun as we may have yet to arrive but it is a concern none the less.

So even if you think you are a dying breed, don’t be afraid to shine for fear of being poached upon by those who would have your head on their walls but stand up and stand out. Be a lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment