Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Brief Moments of Insanity

So being that I had not written for a while. I was more than surprised when this poem literally jumped out of me a few moments ago. For those of you who write regularly you know what is like not to be inspired. We all hit that low spot one day or another. for some it can go on for months and years at end lending credence to the term "starving writer". Thankfully its not my main career but just a labour of love and as you will read in the word to follow, Love and I have our issues. Its a bit raw and sporadic but its my love and I love it.


This is not a ballad of a broken heart but the ballad of an open heart. A heart hoping to open the doors of love hoping to find you standing on the other side with the other half of my love. Cause if love had love, love would know that I'm in need of love. The kind of love that makes me bleed for love, the love that can't feed my love unless its me and you that's dying for love. Day in day out pining for love, spend time in the line on a Friday Payday waiting to withdraw some love. Writing blank cheques on the line of credit for love. Swiping love back and forth hoping they don't decline my love. Standing in the same spot twice hoping to catch a glimpse of your love. Saying the wrong things so you can correct my love. Working 8 hour weeks and 40 hour days just to afford your love. Staying up late at night so I don't have to dream of love. Cause if love only comes in my sleep then don't wake me up love cause I'll be sleeping next to you my love. And that's the kind of love that love gets when it loves me.

Brief moments of Insanity by Shawn Nastrodamus Maile

No comments:

Post a Comment